Saturday, December 1, 2012

Plein Air Pastel at Rocky Knob on the Blue Ridge Parkway



Rocky Knob is an National Recreation area in Virginia where the trails follow a bald ridge, thanks in part to grazing cattle. This means the views are spectacular, with endless possibilities for plein air paintings. I chose this angle so I could include the winding ribbon of the Blue Ridge Parkway. I painted this on Thanksgiving day, with my son, also an artist, painting beside me. Several people were getting their pre-feast hike in. They all asked me if my Thanksgiving turkey was cooking nearby. I told them my husband was cooking dinner, an hour away. My job was to do the pies, which I did the day before. So, thanks, Tim, for this beautiful pastel painting. 11" x 14" on archival sanded paper.  SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment